Are you a library worker doing community engagement work? Do you have a great example of an engagement tool or initiative that you would like to share on the Engaged Library Collaborative? We’re especially looking for ideas that are deeply community-driven or community-led, and platforms or initiatives that support open dialogue and true collaboration between libraries and community members.
Email ELC editors Laura and Maggie using this form:
We can’t wait to hear from you.
Hello and welcome!
The Engaged Library Collaborative (ELC) is a (mostly) online platform for sharing philosophies, approaches, and practical application of community engagement / outreach / partnerships / etc.
- Facilitate a conversation space for librarians working on engagement / outreach to share experiences and ideas with colleagues on an international level.
- Pool our collective knowledge to share resources, articles, research in the area of library engagement and outreach.
- Support and amplify work already happening in libraries worldwide and to develop a community of practice around engagement and outreach work.
What you can expect:
- New postings twice a week, interviewing engagement librarians of all stripes and types, and sharing hands-on tools and ideas to support engaged libraries, librarians, and communities.
- New resources added to the Resources section on a monthly-ish basis.
Help us do these things. Contact us to be featured, to talk about your rad engagement program or tool, and to add a resource to that section.
Who are we, anyway?
Maggie Killman and Laura Damon-Moore met via Skype call first and started a conversation about their engagement work in Ohio and Wisconsin, respectively. Read about us on the ELC’s About page.